The Albatross Brand is a collaborative effort between a maker and industry insider to produce high quality, beautifully designed carry goods at the most affordable price possible.
Albatross Leather Goods Feature:
- Hand selected hides featuring full grain vegetable tanned leather produced from North American Steerhide. Your choice of Natural or Black English Bridle
- Die cut parts to ensure perfect form and function every time
- 3 cord polyester stitching sewn on Campbell sewing machines
- Sanded, beveled, burnished, and wax sealed edges
- Solid brass Military Grade hardware (where applicable)
- Hand set solid copper rivets (where applicable)
- Solid Brass zippers and snaps (where applicable)
- 3 Generation guarantee
Stories are expensive, so we’ll save the tales of grandeur. Our project started after a few glasses of bourbon in 2013. We were both frustrated that the budget friendly leather goods market was one of deceptive advertising, inflated pricing, and cut corners. We knew that with our combined experience in the industry, we could make a better product for a lower price. So over the next two years, that’s exactly what we did.
- We stripped away all of the non-essentials of a company and focused on one thing alone: the product.
- We threw out the traditional wholesale retail approach, committing to deliver our product directly to our customers and save you 60% of the normal retail pricing.
- We did everything ourselves,from designing the wallets and hand sewing bag samples to drawing the logo and taking the pictures. We used our combined 20 years of experience sourcing leather, working in tanneries, constructing and hand sewing carry goods to find special producers making amazing materials at good prices. Then we lined up artisans from around the world to make our products because we wanted the best craftsmanship available. We've hired 4th generation leather artisans in Southern Mexico, Amish leather workers in the US, and European engineers to bring our products to life.
- Lastly, we tested....and tested, and refined, and tested some more. From fishing boats and skate parks to offices, hospitals, and college dorms, our products don't just survive everyday life...they thrive in it. We test every new product for 6-12 months before adding it to our lineup.
You can have any color you want, as long as it's black (or natural!)
The magic of high quality full grain leather is that it ages in reverse, looking better over time. We use only hand selected vegetable tanned hides, and we've chosen to offer two colors: Black and Natural. Our black leather is drum dyed all the way through, so the color will never fade. Our natural leather is never exposed to dyes or oils, so it arrives to you totally bare. You get to choose just how to treat it yourself. It will tan like human skin, and continue to develop patina as you use it. Over time this leather will become a deep golden brown and tell it's own story.